Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 3 - Thumbnail Studies "One Word"

After this sending this email off with my thumbnails. 
Hello again!
I took your advice to heart and spent all night thinking about and drawing these thumbnails.
I really had a much better time doing these ones and I can feel my creative fluids flowing more easily the more I do this.
I really appreciate the feedback!
I did talk to a couple people about the thumbnails and really started to hone in on what was working and what was not.
-Ted

 I got this response

Wow, almost all of these would be successful. Lots of progress.
I especially like the ones that show the pieces that have fit together, like 304 and 308 and 310. 310 could probably even work without the lines that define the paths, especially if you had color play a part. 302 is reminiscent of your one we saw on Monday, but now it’s an actual event that is happening! in 302, could that second-to-last one that’s currently single be ever so slightly peanut shaped, to show that it’s almost all the way fused, but not quite? ( I don’t mean exactly long like a peanut, but with a tiny suggestion of a waist like a peanut.)
Glad to see this coming together (if you’ll forgive the pun!)Jenny

I took her advice as well as some feedback I got from those around me and came up with these two "Studies".

(FYI: "Studies" are a more worked out version of thumbnails. It's still a draft but it's the one right before the final)


In my first study, I took the 3 way merge and started playing with what it would be like to merge different colors together.

I got inspired today by a talk about CSS at a developer's conference at Amazon today. So that's where my train of thought is going.





The next is the continuation of my previous "final". This time actually looking like the two pieces are actually merging together.

A continuation of the color theme. Can't get it out of my head.





All in all, I can feel myself drawing things much better. I'm getting more satisfied with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment