Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 3 - Class: "One word" critiques and lecture about "lines"

Alrighty well lemme start off by showing off my new piece of equipment.

My accordion container thing!



This lil thing is gonna make it so much easier to organize my stuff week by week.


Class started off with going over some of the pieces of design that represented "unity".













Then for like the next fucking 2 hours we went over everyone's final copy of "One Word" that they brought in.







Honestly I was pretty sad that nobody got my design.

I was mostly upset because the instructors guidance didn't help but rather detracted from what was going to be good design.

Kind of makes me not like my teacher nor really take her advice seriously.

I'm gonna stick it out but yeah definitely was the worst class so far. Even had thoughts about dropping out.

But then again I have a tendency to get a little bit over emotional about things. Especially when doing stuff that I'm not very skilled at like... design haha.


Lecture


Afterwards we had a short lecture about lines and what makes lines so great.


Here are some slides that I took pictures of.
















Afterwards we had a short activity where the instructor gave us a word and we were to use lines to depict them.


Here are my pictures made with lines. They are in no particular order with the words.








Next we were to draw this candle but in various ways.







Say hi to my best friend in the class!





And here's me!





The next way was to draw the candle but with only vertical lines.





Afterwards we were to draw the candle by cutting it out.




Then we had to draw the candle without lifting our pen.





And then afterwards we were to draw the candle quickly in 7 seconds!





Yeah honestly I'm not really sure what this all accomplished. I know there is some reasoning behind this but not really seeing the point.

Kind of starting to feel like I'm wasting my time here at this class. 3 hours is a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment